PERSONAL BANKER I/II
Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Branch Officer
Summary: Processes customer transactions and cash handling. Provides customer service, such as opening new accounts personal and business accounts, addressing online and mobile banking inquiries, establishing direct deposit accounts, assisting customers with queries concerning financial institution, developing new customer relationships, and regular participation in community and business networking events. Responsible for achieving established product and service goals. Answers questions on all services the financial institution provides and recognizes selling and referral opportunities.
Judgment: Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Managers, following established routine and standard banking procedures to deliver quality service and to develop sales opportunities, which allow some judgment and initiative in identifying customer needs for Bank services and products. Refers all questionable situations to supervisor or senior bank officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by on-the-job training; college degree is a plus
- Bank-related and computer courses. Above-average computer and keyboard skills, proficient in Microsoft ä Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Six months experience in the teller function, as well as sales experience, particularly in cross-marketing products and services.
- Excellent sales, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of financial products and services.
- Good organizational skills
Specific Job Functions:
- Processes banking transactions including deposits, check cashing, withdrawals, loan payments, etc.
- Provides a complete range of customer service at the financial institution, including opening new accounts, explaining available financial institution products and services, and gathering customer information to process new and existing accounts.
- Answers online inquiries and addresses online transaction inquiries/account opening requests.
- Daily use of online banking systems, debit cards, credit cards, check ordering, and other partner systems to provide a high level of service to customers.
- Receives deposits and ensures that all accounts are properly processed.
- Establishes retirement accounts and makes arrangements for direct deposits.
- Participates in activities for generating new business such as sales calls and special events.
- Completes arrangements and documents for special services such as exchanges of foreign currency and processing savings bond transactions.
- Carries out the financial institution’s client retention strategies.
- Proactively prospects for new business.
- Actively refers loan, trust, insurance, and brokerage services to appropriate financial institution specialists.
- Proven sales ability, including knowledge of all affiliate products and services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Participates in sales, service, and product training meetings.
- Follows policies and procedures related to retail and lending.
- May (with sufficient experience) open and close office by following established security procedures.
- Originates Home Equity, MassSave, and consumer loans
- Represents the Bank through active involvement in community and industry organizations.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers; eyesight and hearing at a level that does not interfere with customer communication. Mobility to move throughout the Bank building and to climb stairs, such as providing access to the safe deposit area and moving outside of the Bank to make calls, participate in community or networking events to promote the Bank.