PERSONAL BANKER 1/Teller
Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Branch Officer
Summary: Processes customer transactions and cash handling. Provides customer service (in person, or via phone, or online) such as addressing online and mobile banking inquiries, placing check orders, assisting with ATM/Debit Card issuing and PIN resets, and conducting ATM balancing when requested. Assist customers with queries concerning the financial institution and recognize and act upon opportunities to expand customer relationships. Responsible for achieving established customer engagement and service goals.
Judgment: Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Manager, Assistant Manager or Head Teller, following established routine and standard banking procedures. Requires some judgment and initiative in identifying customer needs for Bank services and products. Refers all questionable situations to a supervisor or bank officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by on-the-job training; college degree is a plus
- Bank-related and computer courses. Above-average computer and keyboard skills, proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Six months experience in the teller function or cash handling, as well as sales experience, particularly in cross-marketing products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of financial products and services.
- Strong organizational skills
Specific Job Functions:
- Processes all transactions including deposits, withdrawals, loans payments, currency requests, and other teller transactions.
- Assists with proving ATM, processing Night Deposit transactions.
- Provides a range of customer service at the financial institution, explaining available financial institution products and services, and gathering customers’ information.
- Answers online, telephone, and in-person inquiries.
- Daily use of online banking systems, debit cards, credit cards, check ordering, and other partner systems to provide a high level of service to customers.
- Completes arrangements and documents for special services such as exchanges of foreign currency and processing savings bond transactions.
- Identifies customer needs and actively refers loan, investment, insurance, and brokerage services to appropriate financial institution specialists.
- Participates in sales, service, and product training meetings.
- Follows policies and procedures related to retail and lending.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
If you’re interested in applying, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.