On September 13, 2016, Taft Public Library held their grand re-opening in their newly constructed location at 29 North Avenue. Charles River Bank AVP/Mendon Branch Officer Ann Gonyea, President & CEO Jack Hamilton, and SVP/Customer Care & Relationship Development Ann Sherry attended the event. The bank’s financial contribution to the project helped build the library’s lower level circulation desk where visitors will be able to check out library materials.
The library first opened in 1881 and has grown substantially over the past 135 years. This relocation has helped transition the library into the 21st century in order to better serve the surrounding community.